Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Our culture???

This past Saturday my Box had fairly large competition that we have been getting ready for over the last several months and my attention was needed there, so needless to say, I was not blogging as I should have been.  But now that the dust has settled for the time being I am excited to be writing again.

There is a show on TV that my wife really loves to watch.  So every Monday night after we put the kids to bed her and I watch Castle.  Its a funny show and worth watching.  Last night after my wife finished her workout (she does a video thing at home right now) she flipped the idiot box on to wait for her show.  I caught about 10-15 min of this sitcom that was on before Castle.  It was for the most part a funny show, but what I realized is that what was being displayed on the screen was becoming more and more the norm.  The show was about an alcoholic mother who's two adult daughters still lived at home.  One daughter was thinner, stupid, and had a different guy all the time.  The other sister was the level headed one of the group and pretty much took care of the other two, unfortunately she was extremely obese, and so was here fiance.  The entire show or at least what I saw of it was all about promoting unhealthy lifestyles from drinking to promiscuity and obesity. Worst part was they were making them funny. (I laughed).  But the truth is none of that stuff is funny, and in the long run there are a lot of consequences that come as a result.  Like I said earlier, this family is becoming the norm.  Why is it that our culture continues to get more and more unhealthy as time goes by?  We eat like crap and drink alcohol like fish because we think we are entitled to it, and if you comment to someone about their unhealthy lifestyle they look at you and say "who the @#4% are you to tell me how to live my life".  This is the world we live in today.  People at least for the most part are free.  Free to live as unhealthy as they want, and whats worse is we let them do it.  Should we?

No comments:

Post a Comment